Monday, October 19, 2009

Taking A Book To The First Date

Just read something from a DC dating blogger, and he talked about a technique to take a book to the first date. This is a little more "Gamey" for my taste, but he made some excellent points on why you should take a book, especially when the date is less considerate or less feminine.

I stumbled on this next tip by accident. I had a date with a Polish
girl and something told me I wasn't going to go very well and that
I should bring some entertainment. I brought a book. Sure enough,
one hour after the date began, she told me it was time to end the
date because "We need to start slow, like in La Petit Prince." I
had my book with me so I ordered another drink and cracked it open.

Soon after I started taking a book with me to every date. First, it
serves as a great conversation starter that gets the date started
on an interesting tone. You can take it a step further by using it
to mold your image depending on the book you take. If the girl sees
you as a pensive intellectual, how about you take some literature?
If she sees you as an adventurer, maybe some sort of travel book.

Second and more importantly, taking a book discourages bad
behavior.

In D.C. I have been out with a lot of sassy and "in charge" girls
who can be a little aggressive and blunt without their words. When
I don't like what I'm hearing, all I have to do is reach for my
book, or just glance at it. She immediately gets the hint that if
she doesn't shape up I have other options. It's kind of a nuclear
option to get the exact type of behavior you want in a girl and
especially works well on overconfident girls (think lawyers).

One last perk of taking books is that it's no longer a big deal if
she's late. You'll remain apathetic and aren't reduced to staring
at your phone like an idiot wondering if you're being stood up or
not. You'll lose track of time and may even be a little disappointed
once she finally arrives because you were in the middle of a good
part.

For less Westernized and feminized countries you don't need this
move, so I've never done it in South America. But in the States I
do it all the time.

1 comment:

top 10 essay writing sites said...

wow i really enjoyed reading this article though im not sure whether your moves would work on every chic but with an equip of such skills you might be a perfect fit to offer superior essay

Contributors