Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dark Side Of "Getting Too Good"

I'm only half-assed in the game. I know of people who go out 3 times a week, and they are much better than I am. I don't know how they feel about game, but I'm already starting to feel myself getting a bit too "methodical" when it comes to the first date. I know what to do when I get a number, what to say the first time I get her on the phone, where to suggest meeting for the first time, subjects to talk about, how to bounce them to the next area, where the next area is to "take a walk", when to make my first "physical" move, and how to try to get them to my place from that area. I'm still excited on each date, doing the best I can to follow the pattern that works best for me, but what happens if it works too well? What happens if it becomes too easy and I no long get excited about it?

Below is a letter I've read in Virgil Kent's blog, talking about the exact same thing.

Back in those days I remember how excited I was just to get a phone number in a weekend (and that"s counting Thursday). If I told you my strike out percentage you"d probably stop reading right now. But back then there was a rush about it, a newness, it felt so good when somehow I was saying the right things and then somehow or another a girl went back to my place on rare occasion. But things can change.

The thing is that you stay in this game long enough and one of the first things to go is excitement. A man can become so methodical, X"s and O"s. I went out one night this weekend on Saturday and got four numbers. Witness say I was on fire that night. Three or four years ago I"d be on cloud nine at this point. But as soon as I woke up Sunday morning disillusionment set in. Even if I did have time (and I don"t) in a perfect world how the hell could I see four girls in one week (there"s a way). But that"s just more work for me. The reality is that for a guy to increase his chance of getting one date in this city he has to pull three to five numbers in a weekend. If you pull five, two will not pick up, call back or text back. One will be flaky and play text games, one will maybe meet you out here and there and finally the last will actually show up to the date.

For me 90% of success on the first date is simply getting the girl to materialize at the location, it"s like herding fucking cats. Speaking of dates, I don"t get excited as much as I used to about them anymore. They"ve somehow become this false routine that I"ve memorized. I already know what I"m going to wear, I already know the topics of conversation I"ll speak on, I already know how I"m going to try to get back to her place. I"m pretty sure that women at my age already know the same things only in the end they already know the excuses why I can"t come back.

The second thing to go is the sex or the joy from it. The more sex you have the more you realize how bad most girls are at it. Honest to blog I"ve been banging a girl and thinking about going home to masturbate (there is something very sad and disturbing about that last statement, not to self make appointment to see therapist).

The last thing that goes is the beauty of women. This might prove how green I was but I used to walk around and see so many "beautiful" women in DC. When I described them I"d use that term "beautiful", like some kid who just saw his first sunrise or snowfall ever. I rarely use that term anymore, I don"t allow those words to leave my lips. It gets worse than not seeing though. My boys, the guys that have really been in the game for more than a decade, it"s like they can"t see past the flaws. It got so bad with this one guy I"d think that the girl was a perfect ten and I swear he"d complain about "the start of future crows feet" ... WTF?!? WTF does crows feet have to do with anything! Can you fuck crows feet, I"m saying? Point being he"d find any flaw in any woman and every woman he was with…. even if he had to make it up. We become sharks, keep moving.

On this blog and others like it, I know at times it sounds so glamours. The women, the late nights, the adventures, swinger parties. But all you get to hear about is the victories and how it is when things go the right way. Nobody blogs about the strikeouts, insane bar tabs and trips to the free clinic. Nobody writes about cold leads, the lonely cab rides home, angry boyfriends/ husbands calling your phone one minute threatening to kill you the next minute crying and wanting to know what really happened, the truth. There is disappointment in a vagina and that"s all the truth you need to know about women. Please believe me there is a price you pay for this, it"s not free, and often it"s your humanity.

Now ask yourself, do you really want it, this and everything that comes with it? I can show you the way through the door, but ask The Rookie, the game is cold son, ice cold on the other side.

1 comment:

Scott Driza said...

I know where you're coming from. Sometimes I think I just want to die without even writing up a Last Will and Testament before I go. Funny about thinking about beating while having intercourse - that has happened to me as well.

Contributors